Sunday, March 30, 2014

Night fishing in Bondi Beach

Yesterday night I went to Curl Curl with a buddy for some jewie action but unfortunately no fish came to the meeting... When we came back we realised the barometer was pretty low.

Then I saw that tonight it was going to be 1022 hPa which is a much better number. But for a change Bondi beach was to be the spot. Another fishing buddy and his dad from Vietnam came along.

After 5 minutes I hooked up with something big. My Daiwa Bite'n Run (baitrunner) was wizzing once and twice before I decided to start the fight. A nice Tailor it was, bigger than last week! I was using a pilchard on a gang of three hooks in a paternoster rig set with another surf popper and a star sinker.

My mate then caught a bream and a very nice flathead.

Then near the end of the night the surf popper got me a pretty nice bream too.


Update:
Fried Bream with fish sauce and fried Tailor in tomato sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment