Tuesday, May 27, 2014

First month in Central Coast

After months of house hunting in the the northern areas of Sydney, my wife and I decided to move to Wyoming near Gosford on the Central Coast as the houses are bigger and cheaper and the life style is just great for rising a child. And on top of that, there are a lot of popular fishing areas :-D

I haven't been personally very lucky for this first month but with some friends we did manage to bring back some nice catches.

On my first session, I went at the discovery of Brisbane Water and fished near MV Lady Kendall II and got a nice bream caught on frozen beach worms.


My family did enjoy walking along Brisbane Water, it's quite a change from Artarmon, so great being able to be near the water.

Some friends then came up and visit us staying the weekend at our place. We then been told by a local fisherman that the railway bridge is an awesome place where people have caught some nice jewies. So we went there at night trying to catch some, but unfortunately we didn't have squids, just frozen pillies, instead of jewfish we caught a lot of breams one of which was over 1 kg. We were using frozen pilchards as bait and the big bream was caught with a whole pilchard on a gang of size 3 hooks!

I now live in Wyoming and Narara Creek is less than 10 minutes drive from home, my first attempt there got me a big eel and four nice breams on my pen fishing rod. I really like this little rod, even if it feels a bit like a toy, which it's probably is if you compare the built quality to normal size rods, it is however a very capable fishing rod that brings you much more fun than regular outfits. It took me 10 minutes to land this eel, half the time to fight it back to the creek's edge and another half to make it enter and stay in the landing net. The pen rod was bending and screaming and at the end of the Berkley Nanofil 4lb line, I could feel every single movement of the beast that tried to swim away on my far left.





One of my rock fishing buddy came along and we headed one morning to Avoca. Alarm clock set to 4am! There we went, I was surprised how large the rock platform was and the view of Avoca beach was just amazing. We stayed until 11:30am and near the end my mate caught one Bonito and two Mack Tuna. I managed to catch a black drummer on his Iso Tsuri fishing rod.

I'm now hooked to Iso fishing! More about this subject very soon.

So overall, living in the Central Coast is really a big change, in a good way. We live near fishable waters, the life peaceful, nice neighbourhood, the house is massive and costs less than a one bedroom unit down in Sydney. The drawback, there is always drawbacks, is the commute time, I still working in Artarmon, so my commute is mainly biking from home to Narara station, then take a one hour train to Artarmon and bike to the office, it usually takes around 1:20 each way. Driving would take a bit over an hour on a good day. But for the moment it is worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment